Monday, January 4, 2010

Outta Sight, Outta Mind...



Ok today I decided that It really doesn't matter to me who's NOT down with me anymore. I'm tired of always expecting at least the truth from people. We live in a time period where the truth is now optional. I live in an area where I paved the way for a lot of my peers, kicked down CLOSED doors, Represented Oklahoma artist on a consistent and hi-class scale, and because the last couple of years I slowed down a little due to real life issues. (More on that soon...) But I wasn't in the studio as much, wasn't dropping a Lot of music. I even took a break from the internet for awhile which was unheard of from me. But sometimes you gotta just step back, you get tired. The B.S, the lies, the shadiness... and in my case add to that Real Life issues within your family arise. Sometimes my "career" has had to take a backseat.

Things started going downhill for me just before the DIALTONE Videoshoot. Actually during the filming of that video I was going thru the toughest and worst part of my entire life. When others watch that video, they see us having fun. Being rapstars. When I see it, I see the Pain in my eyes. I see the darkness. But I have a responsibility to the people that support me to continue to ride, even through the mud. So I did, and one of the most successful projects I've been a part of went on without a hitch. That single could've went even farther in my opinion but thats a whole 'nother story. The point is No one knew that I was going through one of the toughest times in my life. And it was JUST Beginning. I tried to keep balancing the Music, and the struggle... but the Struggle started to win. The thing I had been in love with and put first FOREVER since I was 3 or 4 was losing. Pain was winning. I still tried to act as if I could handle both, I dropped a couple new singles, "IAMHIPHOP" "BRAG-N-TRUTH" I hooked up with Wes Fif on a track, just as he was leaving Slip -N-Slide records (Home of Trina, Rick Ross) I hooked up with Gangsta Boo for a single, Killa Kyleon of the Boss Hog Outlaws as well. I did some more biz with my boy Spark. I went in Cranked a few new promo bangers, "Weak Hearted", "Im what You Need" etc.. etc.. Did a little internet run with those to set up the bigger singles... and then, Disappeared.

I was completely tired. And the problems had not ceased. Multiple things, one after another. And you can't turn your back on family can you? At least that's how I was raised. But man....

Well now things are getting a lil better and I'm spinning the wheels again, but I can't all the way reignite the flame again because for some reason the TRUE nature of people shines brighter than before. N*ggas used to hate behind your back, but now they hate WHERE YOU CAN SEE IT!!! WOW. I don't know if it's this new twitter craze, or all these different rapper/actors that are lieing to the masses. Maybe it's the fast food. I really don't know. But I look up now and my own PEERS act as if I'm not a piece in the overall puzzle. As if my history don't count. I see it. All the time. But I get it.

Outta Sight, Outta Mind.

And I been Outta Sight. But the beauty of it is, I got thousands of supporters and real "actual" fans that hold me down even when I'm NOT on the scene. They help tremendously to Keep my name alive. They know I have something to say, even when I'm still trying to figure out Exactly what that is. They know my music is REAL. Not made up fantasies, funny gimmicks... REAL. Me and them have the same taste. I Love my fans. And in the past couple of weeks because of you, I saw a flicker... I think the Flame is re-igniting... Your support is re-lighting the fire.

You know what that means right?

Exactly.


-Flyboy

2010 = Gametime.


1 comment:

  1. I love how you are such a strong person no one will ever know what you are dealing with because you always still rise to the top but, you know we will always have your back FOREVER.. and look out 2010 cause here we come!!!
    BOMBTHREATT FOR LIFE!

    ReplyDelete