Monday, May 10, 2010

Respect Your Elders ...They'll be Gone one day.

The Recent Passing of the LEGENDARY & Beautiful Lena Horne made me think about the fact that people actually DO get older. Now I'm not stupid, of course I already KNEW that. But Knowing and REALIZING is two different things. I mean we know that people get old, and people die. But sometimes we take for granted WHEN that will happen, and a lot of times we take for granted that it WILL indeed happen. And not just older people either.

For instance, If I was to die a few hours after I wrote this blog in some freak accident or something of that matter, the EXACT SAME PEOPLE that hate on me, block me from opportunity, talk behind my back, disrespect me... They would be the EXACT SAME people that would put up my picture as their default pic. There would be people posting my different video's and links, people would join my site if just to leave their condolences. There would be people that said we should've collaborated. Or the people that I have collabed with would push our song's EVEN harder. People would check out my songs and say how good my tracks were, People would finally respect that I was talking about something, etc..etc.. In other words everything I want in life, would come true in death.

A perfect example of that is Tupac. A lot of the younger hip hop generation don't realize that while Tupac was actually ALIVE, he was one of the most hated on artist in the industry. That's what led him to being so BEEF oriented. But after he was killed people went back, listened to his lyrics, looked at old interviews, talked to people close to him, and realized he was actually a GREAT artist, a potential LEADER and a Gift to Hip Hop. Which led to the image of the Hip Hop Messiah that this generation associates Tupac with.
Tupac never got to hear that while he was alive. He was labeled as a Thug, Rapist and troublemaker.

Did you get to see SNL with Jay-Z and Betty White from the Golden Girls? Well that was an amazing show, especially due to the fact that Betty White is 88 years old and still just as vibrant as ever. Late in the Show Jay-Z dedicated "Forever Young" to Betty White, which was a heart warming moment even for the most hardcore you could think of. And why, Because Jay-Z, even in his position of Power and Hip Hop Royalty, Respected his elder. Betty White has been a trailblazer, though in a different lane, it's still the same. And at the end of the day, being given credit for what we've done is all a person could ask for. Especially if you're still alive to hear it.

R.I.P to Lena Horne and Continued Blessings to 88 year old Betty White!

Come to my site and see my dedications to Both Lena Horne AND the Jay-Z Betty White collabo...lol. Click the Pictures to see each one.

Peace.

Jay-Z & Betty White on SNL


Lena Horne Dedication:

No comments:

Post a Comment