Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Industry Rule #4080




Another day of dealing with people who don't give a damn about the next person. Another day of "people of importance" basically making you kiss their ass if you want any kind of recognition from them, otherwise you're ignored. Another day of realizing that the only way the dream happens is if you block all that B.S. out and just keep it moving.


I just realized that the Music Biz is like going to high school again. You know how some kids wouldn't be seen conversating with certain people that weren't up to their "standard"? Or if you weren't in the in crowd, they acted as if you didn't exist? But hit a game winning shot, or have all the answers for the test, and they all hop on you nuts? Well that's the nature of this Bullsh*t game that I continue to participate in. I mean don't get me wrong, I expect to work for what I want, but I'm not cool with catering to over-inflated ego's.


I pay my money to go to conferences to hear people on panels say, "I help anyone that shows they are serious" or "I'm always looking for talent" or "just come up to me and let's talk" BUT these are the same people that if you're not already "in there" they pay you absolutely no mind. Forget whet they say... Look what they do. Wow. But I learned this early on. Industry Rule #4080. So don't take this as me complaining per say. Take this as me doing what you're supposed to in a Blog. To say what's on my mind. To let you see a glimpse of how I feel. I got used to the dog-eat-dog mentality of this game along time ago. And as you can see, I'm doing pretty well. Now if someone could just forward me a Texas or Atlanta based Publicist, I'd be all good...


Click here for the "Industry Hater"

No comments:

Post a Comment