Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Remember Mike Tyson's Punch-Out? Well it's BACK!!!



Man I remember spending Hours taking turns with my homies back in the day trying to make it to Tyson in this classic game, just to get knocked the hell out before I got to him. EVERYTIME. Then the magical thing happened one day while I was on summer break from school. I woke up got myself ready for the day (back then that meant, I brushed my teeth and faked like I washed my face so I could hurry and play the game) I turned on my nintendo, popped in Punchout, and started to play. For some reason that warm summer morning, I was on a roll... I whupped fighter after fighter, and finally found myself standing face to face with IRON MIKE TYSON. Back then that was SCARY. EVEN IN A VIDEOGAME.

Example one:


Example Two:


So you see, Mike Tyson was a BEAST!

But I finally made it to Mike, the match started, and I ducked, dodged, punched, sweat, and finally, finally , finally beat Mike Tyson!!!!!!!!! That was a feat. I told all my friends and was the neighborhood hero!

Well for about 15 minutes I was because then we went and played Freeze Tag and forgot all about it. Lol. (Ahhh.. Childhood Memories.)

Even Will Smith had Dreams of Beating Mike Tyson (see video below)


Oh yeah... in all this nostalgia, I forgot what I was supposed to be turning you on to... The New updated Version of Punchout (Duh!) Click the Link below.
-------->Punchout is Back for 2009!!
Click here and Preview it!!


Follow Flyboy on Twitter: Click here
Add Flyboy on Myspace: Click here
Watch Flyboy on Youtube: Click here

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job of taking us back Flyboy, I remember my cousins loving this game, I tried it a couple of times but didn't have much luck. LOL

    ReplyDelete