Monday, March 16, 2009

I Feel you Kid Cudi... I quit too, just not yet.

Up and Coming Rapper Kid Cudi is quitting Rap before he even hits the "mainstream". I know alot of you aren't familiar with his music and alot of you are, but he is definitely making noise. This post isn't about me being a fan or not (I'm still newto Cudi too) But this is more about the fact, I feel where he is coming from. I Absolutely HATE the music business. I can't stand how the people in power hold that and dangle it above your head. And when I say people in power, it's not the old school "people in power", It's a new school of Power Players... You don't have to be the owner of Sony, or MCA records anymore. You could just be a POPULAR DJ, or a PR that is in the "in" Circles, a magazine editor. A conference sponsor. Anything. Today Power comes in all shapes, sizes and positions.
The problem with this is, sometimes you wanna tell that person to kiss the inside of your ass and shit while they're doing it. But if you do, you cut off one of your legs. So you gotta take whatever bullshit you gotta go through, no matter how lame, you gotta keep kissing new asses, no matter how much you know that if you weren't aiming for your goal and you ran across this person, you'd beat the LIVING shit out of them. But because you have to "network" you have to play professional.
Just like this new sh*t "Twitter". Nigga's that think they important tend to ignore niggas they think aint. HA! Somebody shoulda told them that the same people you step on to get to the top, will be the same niggas waiting when you come back down.
Music is Music, Life is Life. Sometimes you "dangler's" don't realize you are fucking with our lives by blocking us from whatever for whatever reason. So Kid Cudi, I feel you my nigga. But I can't quit just yet. I got some people to prove wrong. Some people that think I need their help to get what I need. Ha! You betta ask somebody... Who is Flyboy?

CLICK HERE TO SEE "KID CUDI'S" BLOG POST

Kid Cudi



Follow Flyboy on Twitter: Click here
Add Flyboy on Myspace: Click here
Watch Flyboy on Youtube: Click here

2 comments:

  1. I read your thoughts Flyboy and Kid Cudi's and I find it sad that the music business has to be this way. It's hard enough for someone who is trying to reach a goal that they keep you jumping through hoops and more hoops. Why can't they see it should be more about who is talented, and who can offer music that truly has a message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is sad to see someone quit their dream... but I understand sometimes things can be to stressful so you have to do what's best for you....

    ReplyDelete